A number of AAAA members were on-show at the Las Vegas event in November, with Turbosmart and ARB collecting awards
The SEMA Show is a premier trade-only event designed to allow automotive specialty equipment manufacturers to display and debut new, innovative products while connecting with industry buyers from all over the world.
The four-day event attracts more than 161,000 individuals from more than 140 countries outside the United States, including 71,000 quality buyer companies, 3,300 media representatives and 2,400 exhibiting companies.
On show across the November 5-8 event were major automakers and leading aftermarket manufacturers as well as small businesses owned and operated by automotive enthusiasts who know, love and understand vehicles inside and out.
A number of AAAA members impressed at the show, with Turbosmart and ARB winning awards and the following members putting their best foot forward on the exhibition floor:
• Airbag Man
• ARB 4×4 Accessories
• DCI Performance Products
• Dobinsons Spring & Suspension
• Dynamic Suspensions
• GFB Go Fast Bits
• Harrop Engineering
• Summernats / Motorex
• Redarc Corporation
• XClutch (Australian Clutch Services)
Turbosmart won a ‘Best New Product’ Award for the second year in a row, this time for its newest release, the Gen-V e-WG 60mm Electronic Wastegate. This comes off the back of its 2018 win for the Universal Kompact EM Blow Off Valve.
“I’m just so excited for my team. This has been a project of pure passion for the guys and it’s been a long time in the making. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved here and it just spurs us on to continue innovating and finding new ways to apply technology for our customers needs,” Turbosmart Chief Executive Officer, Nic Cooper, said.
In addition to connecting manufacturers with buyers at the SEMA Show, the annual event again provided value to participants through education seminars and networking events.
Also attracting plenty of attention was the New Products Showcase, which featured nearly 3,000 new products. Products were judged across 16 award categories, with each category having one winner and two runners-up
The 2019 SEMA New Product Award Winners are:
• Collision Repair & Refinish Product – Society of Collision Repair Specialists (SCRS), SCRS Guide to Complete Repair Planning – Blueprint Optimization Tool
• Engineered New Product – Modern Driveline, 1994-2004 Mustang Hydraulic Clutch Master Cylinder Conversion Kit
• Exterior Accessory Product – CURT Group: CURT, ARIES, LUVERNE, UWS; BetterWeigh Mobile Towing Scale with TowSense Technology
• Interior Accessory Product – AutoMeter, InVision Digital Dash
• Merchandising Display – Dee Zee, Hex Series Counter Display
• Mobile Electronics Product – VAIS Technology, SEER (Smart Entry Exit Recognition)
• Off-Road/4-Wheel Drive Product – ICON Vehicle Dynamics, 2020-UP Jeep Gladiator (JT) 2.5” Suspension System
• Packaging Design – Anest Iwata USA, Iwata Vault TH2
• Performance-Racing Product – Turbosmart, Gen-V eWG60 Power-Gate 60 Electronic
• Performance-Street Product – Aeromotive Inc., Aeromotive Variable Speed 5.0gpm Brushless Fuel Pump
• Powersports Product – SSV Works, Overhead Weatherproof Audio Solution for Polaris RZR 2 and 4 Seat Vehicles
• Street Rod/Custom Car Product – Dakota Digital, RTX-32F-X 1932 Ford Retrotech Instruments
• Tire and Related Product – Yokohama Tire, GEOLANDAR X-AT
• Tools & Equipment Product – TRAC Tire Rotation Assistance Cart, TRAC Tire Rotation Assistance Cart
• Van/Pickup/Sport-Utility Product – RSI SmartCap SmartCap, EVO
• Wheel and Related Product – Topline Products, VR16 – Raid
The SEMA Show was held across 1.2 million net square feet of exhibition space and an additional one million square feet of features and attractions throughout the Las Vegas Convention Center, outside areas and the neighbouring Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino.
The SEMA Show is organised by the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), a trade organisation representing the $44.6 billion automotive aftermarket industry.
For more information, visit www.sema.org or