AAAA NATIONAL COUNCIL ANNOUNCED
The AAAA National Council for 2017 – 2019 was announced at the 37th Annual General Meeting, held in Melbourne on 16th October
We would like to welcome back returning National Councillors Graham Scudamore-Smith, Mark Pedder, Guy Nicholls and Adam Pay and welcome Craig Magill, John Benson and Darren Robinson to the Council.
The full list of National Council members and positions is as below:
• President – Graham Scudamore-Smith – Fulcrum Suspensions (QLD)
• Vice President – Mark Pedder – Pedders Suspension – (VIC)
• Secretary – Guy Nicholls – GUD Automotive – (VIC)
• Treasurer – Rob Cameron – GPC Asia Pacific – (VIC)
• Bob Pattison – Brown & Watson – Immediate Past President and Director (VIC)
• Peter Rogers – Inspired Automotive Marketing – Director (SA)
• John Benson – Davies Craig (VIC)
• Paul Dumbrell – Aftermarket Network Australia (VIC)
• David Fraser – Capricorn Society (WA)
• Craig Magill – Burson Auto Parts (VIC)
• Adam Pay – Kmart Tyre and Auto Service (NSW)
• Darren Robinson – Hella Australia (VIC)
We would like to acknowledge and thank Peter Martin for his significant contribution as Treasurer of the AAAA for the last 10 years. Peter did not seek re-election this year and will soon retire from his role as Finance Director and Company Secretary of Hella Australia. Peter brought with him tremendous financial acumen and introduced governance and risk mitigation processes across the entire business as well as helping to lift the overall professionalism of the Association. The Board, Staff and Members of the AAAA wish Peter good health and happiness in his well-earned retirement.
One of the signs of a healthy association is competition for spots on its board and this year we had 12 nominations for the seven available positions from an outstanding field of candidates. Unfortunately, in any election some people miss out and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chris Wilesmith and Damien Hill for their outstanding contribution to National Council and to Anton Griffiths, Ken Wagstaff and Roger Lassen for their nominations.
We’re sure you’ll join us in wishing the new Council well as they help set the future direction of the AAAA and ensure that we deliver new activities and services that are valued by you.