CHARGE UP WORKPLACE EV GRANTS
West Australian businesses are invited to apply
If you are based in West Australia and were thinking about purchasing an EV charger for your business, now might be the perfect time to buy.
The West Australian Government has announced a new round of its ‘Charge Up Workplace EV Grants’ to allow WA-based small and medium businesses to buy electric vehicle chargers at 50 percent of their original price, with round two including faster direct current (DC) chargers up to 350kW.
$12.5 Million in grant funding support is available to small and medium businesses, local government authorities and not-for-profit organisations under the grant.
Key details for the grant:
• Round two opened on the 4th of November 2023 and is open until the 3rd of May 2024.
• Grant funding support covers up to 50 percent of EV charger hardware, software, and installation costs.
• Round two includes both AC chargers (7 to 22kW) and DC chargers (25kW to 350kW in size).
• Small and medium enterprises (small businesses are defined as having less than 20 employees, medium businesses are defined as having between 20 and 199 employees) are eligible.
• Not-for-profits registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission and Local government authorities are also eligible.
For further details on eligibility and how to apply, visit www.wa.gov.au/organisation/energy-policy-wa/charge-workplace-ev-charging-grants