NEW GARRETT VENT EXTERNAL WASTEGATES
For turbocharged racing and performance engines from Garrett Advancing Motion
The new high flowing Garrett Vent External Wastegates regulate turbocharger shaft speed by venting exhaust gas around the turbine stage of the turbocharger.
CFD optimised design maximises flow and delivers optimum control for your engine parameters while advanced engineering of the cap design improves durability of the diaphragm through thermal optimisation.
The cap also makes spring changes and serviceability of the entire GVW line-up easier and more reliable to perform.
Garrett says its External Wastegates are engineered to increase engine performance. It states the stainless steel diaphragm assembly parts and actuator attachment are optimised to reduce heat conduction and increase diaphragm durability by 30 percent and increase flow by two to seven percent, compared to competition.
The internal materials are designed to lower wear by reducing friction and are validated for operating temperatures of 1030 degrees Celsius. This, along with replaceable valve and bushing parts, reportedly lead to an increased overall service life.
• Sizes: 40, 45, and 50mm
• Water-cooled actuator
• Fully machined 6061 anodized aluminium actuator (Red, Blue, Black, Silver-Natural)
• Includes weld flanges, V-bands, fittings, fasteners and springs for full calibration range
• High temp stainless steel valve housing
• High temp 310 stainless steel valve seat
• CNC machined 304 stainless steel weld flanges
• High temp stainless steel valve with plated stem for wear resistance and lowered friction
• High temp Nomex Aramid fabric reinforced actuator diaphragm
• Fully machined 304 stainless steel V-band clamps
• Stainless steel fittings and fasteners
For more information, go to www.garrettmotion.com or contact your nearest Garrett Official Performance Distributer.