For Japanese, Korean and Asian makes
Adrad does not have a reputation for supplying brake parts – but that’s about to change.
There have been numerous changes to Adrad’s range of aftermarket automotive parts recently. Naturally, there are some important things that have not changed at the South Australian, family-owned company.
Adrad states that its success was built on a firm commitment to provide the vehicle repair industry with better quality parts at competitive prices. It’s a commitment that the company takes very seriously.
Australia’s largest radiator manufacturer and supplier says it has been an obvious choice for replacement radiators and engine cooling parts over the past 37 years.
With its knowledge and insight as a manufacturer, Adrad says it uses its understanding about engineering and quality to give them an advantage when choosing partner suppliers.
It explains that this means that Adrad doesn’t just find good parts – it also finds good manufacturers.
To provide braking products for its Australian customers, Adrad has teamed up with Nisshinbo group, an exceptional manufacturer and global leader in brakes and friction parts.
With the purchase of European brake friction manufacturer TMD Friction in 2011, Nisshinbo Group became a leading global supplier of friction materials to vehicle and brake manufacturers as well as the global aftermarket. Their commitment to quality and innovation has resulted in Nisshinbo becoming one of the largest suppliers of OE friction to Asian vehicles – and the number one choice when you want a like-for-like replacement.
Adrad explains that Nisshinbo brake friction is engineered in Japan, to the highest OE specifications. Its products feature advanced material formulations and unique product designs that reportedly deliver the ideal combination of braking performance, comfort and reliability.
Nisshinbo NAO formulations are trusted to deliver the braking performance and environmental qualities demanded by world-leading car manufacturers. This engineering and manufacturing expertise makes Nisshinbo one of the top three OE suppliers to Asian vehicle manufacturers, supplying models like Nissan Murano, Toyota Camry, Jeep Wrangler and many more.
Adrad says the products benefit from a unique combination for comfort, performance and longevity:
• Diagonal slot – stronger and stiffer, providing +10 percent pad bending stiffness compared to standard slot with optimal degree of thermal expansion to prevent stress and surface cracking and at the same time provide better noise behaviour.
• Friction material – next generation NAO materials for high comfort, long life, optimal performance; perfectly matching the vehicle, its brake system and purpose.
• J-Chamfer – reduces squeal, during bedding-in and throughout the working life of the friction material. Also provides longer lasting noise reduction than standard chamfer: 30 percent more efficient at 50 percent pad wear.
• Adhesive – provides optimal bonding between backplate and friction material.
• Steel backplate – high quality steel and powder lacquered for anti-corrosion protection.
• Clip-on shim – OE grade shim material; superior vibration and noise reduction capabilities.
Nisshinbo brake shoes and brake discs complete the Nisshinbo program. The Nisshinbo brake discs are precisely tailored to its brake pads to achieve the perfect braking result. A large range of coated discs makes installation quicker and easier: no oil needs to be cleaned off before installation.
They are made from high-grade steel for optimum performance. Key features and benefits include:
• Large range of coated discs for enhanced comfort and aesthetics.
• Environmentally friendly water-based coating.
• Manufactured in strict accordance with OE tolerances.
• Meet ECE R90 requirements.
You’ll have the opportunity to see a selection of Nisshinbo brake products at the Australian Auto Aftermarket Expo held in Melbourne from April 7-9 by visiting Adrad at Stand C41.
Nisshinbo braking products are available to trade customers from Adrad distributors around Australia and online from Radshop and Natrad Trade Online.
For assistance, call Adrad on 1800 882 043.