PROTECT WHAT MATTERS
A high quality Alloy Bullbar or Nudge Bar is the quintessential addition to any four-wheel drive, SUV, work vehicle or weekend toy
It’s a vital piece of equipment when it comes to protecting your vehicle and its occupants, while look great doing it.
One question East Coast Bullbars suggests you ask is: Original Equipment or Aftermarket? And further, is the factory-fitted protection the dealer recommends going to protect your investment in the event of a strike or collision?
The engineering and design that goes into every East Coast Bullbar, using commercial grade 6mm alloy plate, is what ECB says makes its Australian Made Bullbars stronger, lighter, free of rust and able to outperform the OEM product “every time.”
A quality Alloy Bullbar or Nudge Bar can be a major investment. A poorly designed, cheap and heavy Bullbar just won’t do what it is designed to do: protect your vehicle and its occupants.
So, before racing out to buy the meanest looking Bulbar you can find or the one that best matches your vehicle’s colour, East Coast Bullbars recommends you determine exactly what you actually need.
Firstly, Airbag-compatibility is not negotiable. All vehicles fitted with airbags absolutely MUST be mounted with a certified airbag compatible Bullbar.
When it comes to ADR-compliance, Australian Design Rules will ensure your equipment is built to suit your vehicle and complies with all relevant legislation in design and function.
Let’s face it, anyone can weld some steel together and call it a Bullbar, but will it really work in the event of an impact? Will it protect your investment and keep your family safe?
All ECB Bullbars and Nudge Bars are ADR compliant, Airbag compatible and built here in Australia to suit our conditions.
Will It Fit?
Is the Bullbar specifically engineered to suit your vehicle?
Vehicle technology is improving and changing rapidly and every time it does, East Coast Bullbars research and development engineering team works with the vehicle manufacturers to ensure its products are compatible and available to suit all new models released, as early as possible.
Is your Bullbar able to accommodate your chosen accessories? Winches, lights, aerials and other accessories, including safety gear, all add up and may be too heavy or too large for your vehicle’s load limit.
Will It Work?
There are all kinds of new technologies included in vehicles today, including impact prevention systems and forward parking sensors, fancy cameras, light washers and wipers and peripheral lane control systems. All East Coast Bullbars are tested and will accommodate all of these features and more without sacrificing the performance.
• Is it designed for safety and will it do what you want it to do? For instance, fitting a nudge bar if you frequently travel long distances in regional Australia is not ideal. Likewise, fitting a heavy steel bar is completely unnecessary if your vehicle spends its life around town.
• Animal strikes happen daily on our roads, from kangaroos, wombats, to deer and even camels. The point of fitting a Bullbar is to ensure you aren’t stranded in the middle of nowhere in a vehicle that can’t be driven. Being able to drive to safety or repair, means the protection bar has done it’s job.
• Will your Bullbar disadvantage you off road? If you spend much of your weekends off the beaten track, if you bottom out the front end on the first ditch then it hasn’t been the right choice. Heavy steel bars generally require costly upgrades to front suspension, whilst fitting an Alloy bullbar or Nudge Bar generally will not affect the performance or characteristics of the vehicle, thus eliminating the cost in upgrading the OEM suspension.
• Will your vehicle need to be modified to accommodate a winch or high-lift jacking point? Generally a bumper cut and/or replacement is required to fit most Bullbars. Fitting an East Coast Bullbar or Nudge Bar requires minimal modification, while complimenting the look of your vehicle.
Maintenance and Support
If you would prefer spending your weekends exploring, then a polished bar requiring up-keep may not be the right choice.
All East Coast Bullbars or Nudge Bars are offered with a premium powdercoat finish – the bugs wash right off, stone chips are minimal in comparison to a colour-coded painted Bulbar, and it will never rust, says ECB.
Further, all ECB Bullbars and Nudge Bars are designed, tested, engineered and manufactured right here in Australia from Australian made materials, to a very specific DNA which has been developed over 47 years. In addition, ECB also offers a Lifetime Warranty.
Is It Legal?
Crumple zones and airbags are all designed to keep you and your occupants safe in the event of a collision. For ECB, safety is a part of its DNA and the foundation on which each of its bullbars is designed, engineered and manufactured.
Did you know these facts?
• No forward-facing tabs, rod holders or accessories.
• Sharp edges and burrs are to be removed.
• Bars must not obscure headlights.
• Indicators and park lights are permitted to be relocated into the bar.
• Must not restrict your view out past 11 metres.
• Forward tilt to be no greater than nine degrees (or 75mm).
• Bullbars must be fitted with a compliance plate which states:
– Who made it,
– What vehicle it is designed for,
– Compliance with ADRs for that model, and
– Airbag Compatibility.
Making the right choice
Generally speaking, all East Coast Bullbars will be stronger and lighter than an OEM Bullbar.
OEM Bullbars are designed around the look of the vehicle rather than safety of the vehicle and the occupants. ECB notes that OEM manufactured bars all comply and, in most cases, won’t affect the ANCAP rating, but asks – is it the best choice? It is also your choice to have an aftermarket bar fitted at the point of vehicle purchase: all you have to do is ask.
ECB continues a 47-year tradition of building Australian Made Alloy Bullbars with safety, strength, lightness, performance and durability in mind and it says that is why it can offer a Lifetime Warranty with every Bullbar and Nudge Bar.
For more from East Coast Bullbars, visit www.ecb.com.au