THE REFRIGERANT OIL COMPANY
Using PAO-based oils in refrigeration
Following 15 years of research and development, The Refrigerant Oil Company (also marketed under the Ariazone brand-name) says it pioneered the use of PAO-based oils in refrigeration.
Why? Because the refrigeration mechanic founders say they recognised the advantages of the stability, purity and lubricity of polyalphaolefins (PAOs) for the refrigeration industry.
Why should you use PAO-based Oils (PAOIL) in your workshop?
The Refrigeration Company says there are many reasons you should consider using PAO-based oils in your workshop, including:
• PAOIL is useable with all automotive compressor types including hybrid vehicle compressors.
• PAO is also compatible with R134a and the new R1234yf refrigerant, meaning you only need one oil to use for most auto A/C applications.
• PAOIL has a high Viscosity Index meaning that the oil maintains its viscosity and lubricating properties at high operating temperatures.
• Unlike other lubricants PAO is non-hypgroscopic: it does not readily absorb moisture.
• Due to its inertness and inherent stability, PAOIL has a five-year shelf life.
• PAOIL is also available with an added UV dye to help with leak tracing.
• The special packaging and equipment needed with other oils to ensure that moisture does not enter the refrigeration circuit along with the oil is not necessary with PAOIL.
• PAOIL is universal: you need to stock one, rather than carry many different types of oil.
• Safe to use: PAO is a non-hazardous, non-toxic product safe to have around the workshop. It is safe on painted surfaces, so no worries if accidentally spilt on vehicles.
What are the differences between the normal and the UV versions of PAOIL?
PAOIL PL series offers the same positive properties as the PAOIL AA1 series, meaning it can be used as a complete oil replacement for A/C systems.
PAOIL = Money Saving
The Refrigerant Company explains that with PAOIL you can buy in bulk* and with its five-year shelf life, not worry about the oil being unusable a couple of hours after opening.
It says you also do not need to stock multiple types of oil when using PAOIL, since PAOIL is suitable for use with a wide variety of automotive compressors and refrigerants.
As such, PAOIL helps you to save money.
The Refrigerant Oil Company Pty is situated in Melbourne and is a fully-owned Australian company. Its products are currently used in workshops in more than 40 counties