CENTURY YUASA OPENS NEW DISTRIBUTION CENTRE
The new facility will cater for higher distribution demands in Melbourne
Century Yuasa Batteries, which says it is Australia’s oldest and most recognised battery manufacturer, has recently celebrated the opening of its new Melbourne Distribution Centre at 122 Indian Drive, Keysborough.
The state-of-the-art facility represents a significant investment in Century Yuasa’s commitment to providing the best possible service to its customers.
Outgrowing the previous location, Century Yuasa has invested significantly in building the new facility to cater to higher distribution demands for its growing customer base.
The new larger facility features custom racking to hold more stock, improved loading facilities for faster stock flow, easier access, more parking for large vehicles and better staff amenities.
Some of the state-of-the-art construction techniques and features of the building include:
• Capacity for multiple B-double trucks to set down and pick up goods at the one time, a leading feature of modern distribution centres.
• 65 percent increase in floor space increasing stock holding capacity.
• Undercover loading area to ensure safe loading and unloading of product.
• Custom racking to hold more stock.
• Advanced traffic management system.
• Renovated state of the art office space, designed to reduce environmental impact and provide leading health and safety benefits.
• Extensive use of energy saving systems.
• Integrated technology throughout including voice activated warehouse picking.
• Multi-functional spaces maximising efficiencies.
Century Yuasa’s General Manager of Automotive, Shaun O’Brien, said the new distribution centre will allow Century Yuasa to provide customers with an even higher level of service, allowing it to store more stock and react faster to local needs.
“Safety is one of our core values and has been at the forefront of every consideration in the build. The Distribution Centre has been designed to incorporate Century Yuasa’s 6S safety standard model ensuring all areas of the business comply,” Shaun said.
“This includes an improved loading area to ensure safe loading and unloading of product and accommodates large vehicles, ease of access and parking for large trucks and purpose-built racking for accessing product efficiently and safely.
“In addition, the distribution centre complies with Century Yuasa’s philosophy of managing inventory from cradle to grave, environmentally aware and responsible business approach.”
For more information, please contact your Century Yuasa representative on 1300 362 287.