DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS FROM LOGICAR
In todays’ workshops, diagnostic tools are pivotal profit makers
As vehicle advancements continue to take on digitised components, these scan tools can provide greater profit opportunities.
Whilst the diagnostic scan is a breakdown problem identifier, its use for customers as a preventative health check at routine maintenance visits is an additional revenue generator for workshops.
Noting there are a range of diagnostic tools and prices in the market, Logicar says some points to consider to enable choosing one that best suits your needs include:
- Features and functions – consider user friendly interfaces, code reading and clearing, live data streaming, bi-directional control and others tailored to your needs.
- Wireless vs wired – Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, compare and consider the advantages and disadvantages for your work practices.
- Compatibility – what are the different OE makes and models embedded in the scan tool and does that suit your workshop carpark? Some scan tools are universal, others are specific to brands.
- Software and licencing – what software is offered? What does the diagnostic data interpret? How regular are software updates? To be effective, all tool licences/subscriptions need to be kept up to date.
- User reviews – seek out reviews from other users on the web.
- Maintenance and care – is it robust enough to suit your environment and use pattern? Well looked after diagnostic tools will increase longevity.
- OBD-ll system – consider the On-Board diagnostics, related protocols, and physical connector types, as some will be supplied as additional accessories at extra cost.
- Price Range – entry level to high end. What tool best works for you? Ultimately, your decision should be based on your workshop function, client car park, budget, and all of the abovementioned considerations.
Logicar explains it has been an expert in diagnostics for many years.
It offers a large range of scan tools, from entry level to advanced and says its team will take the time to understand your requirements and help you make the decision that best suits the complexity of your needs.
Logicar invites you to call today and says you should feel free to book an after-hours discussion if you have time constraints during your workday, stating its team “gets it.”
For more information, visit www.logicar.com.au