NEW PAO-BASED LUBRICANT LAUNCHED
A new product has been added to The Refrigerant Oil Company’s line of PAO-based oils
The Refrigerant Oil Company says that it pioneered the use of PAO-based oils in refrigeration 20 years ago and is now driving the use of PAO-based lubricants for thermal management in hybrid and electric vehicles.
Due to the increasing global importance of energy efficiency driving the use of lower viscosity lubricants, a new series of oils has been released: VG 46 (PAOIL AA4) and VG 32 (PAOIL AA2). The Refrigerant Oil Company states VG 68 (PAOIL AA1) and (PAOIL PL68) will also still be available.
The company users of PAO-based oils are recognising the advantages of the stability, purity and lubricity of polyalphaolefins (PAOs) for the industry; stating that the electrical properties of PAO make it suitable for high voltage electrical systems.
The Refrigerant Oil Company says there are many reasons you should consider using PAOIL in your workshop, including:
• PAOIL is useable with all automotive compressor types including hybrid vehicle compressors.
• PAO is also compatible with R134a and the new R1234yf refrigerant, meaning you only need one oil for most auto A/C applications.
• PAOIL is suitable for use in hybrid and electric vehicles (AA series is preferred but PL series may be used).
• PAOIL has a high Viscosity Index meaning the oil maintains its viscosity and lubricating properties at high operating temperatures.
• Unlike other lubricants, PAO is non-hygroscopic: it does not readily absorb moisture.
• The special packaging and equipment needed with other oils to ensure moisture does not enter the refrigeration circuit along with the oil is not necessary with PAOIL.
• Due to the inertness and inherent stability of PAO, PAOIL has a five-year shelf life.
• PAOIL is also available with an added UV dye to help with leak tracing.
• Safe to use: PAOIL is a non-hazardous, non-toxic product which is safe to have around the workshop. It is safe on painted surfaces, so there are no worries if it is accidentally spilt on vehicles.
The PAOIL PL series offers the same positive properties as the PAOIL AA series, meaning it can be used as a complete oil replacement for A/C systems.
The Refrigerant Oil Company says that by using PAOIL you can buy in bulk (PAOIL is available in 1L, 5L, 10L and 20L container sizes) and with its five-year shelf life, not worry about the oil being unusable a couple of hours after opening.
Workshops do not need to stock multiple types of oil when using PAOIL, since PAOIL is suitable for use with a wide variety of automotive compressors and refrigerants. As such, The Refrigerant Oil Company says PAOIL helps you to save money.
Ariazone and The Refrigerant Oil Company are fully Australian-owned companies based in Melbourne at the Global Headquarters, and part of the ROC Group.
Ariazone/PAOIL products are currently used in workshops in more than 40 counties worldwide.