THE PERFECT IGNITION COIL FOR NGK SPARK PLUGS
NGK has announced the release of what it calls “the perfect ignition coil” for its spark plugs
Workshops around the world have demanded NGK Spark Plugs for over 80 years, with the company stating it is renowned for three key pillars: high quality, superior performance and reliability.
While the Spark Plug is an important part of a vehicle’s ignition, it does not work alone.
“As ignition experts, we saw an opportunity to develop an Ignition Coil that perfectly complements the NGK Spark Plug to deliver ultimate ignition performance,” NGK Spark Plugs Product Marketing Manager, Larry Coulthard, said.
“Working with some of the best engineers in Japan, the NGK Ignition Coil has been designed and manufactured to meet technical demands and to deliver across the same three pillars.”
NGK says the NGK Ignition Coil is set apart from others in the market by the following technical features:
- Designed to perfectly match the highest functioning Spark Plug on the market.
- Precise engineering for correct seating.
- Excellent pulse strength durability.
- Exceptional short-circuit and moisture resistance.
- Superior thermal loads and vibration resilience.
- Optimal dimensioning of cooling surfaces for the heat dissipation and temperature stability.
To achieve this commitment, all NGK Ignition Coils adhere to the high quality standards of NGK Japan, where every Ignition Coil is produced in strict compliance with OE specifications and processes.
To ensure that all NGK Ignition Coils deliver across these pillars, there are a number of measures in place throughout the manufacturing process.
NGK states that all NGK Ignition Coils are:
- Measured mechanically and electrically using laser guidance.
- Subjected to on vehicle installation testing.
- Undergo a thermal shock and thermal cycle test that ranges from; -65 to 175 °C.
- Tested for mechanical vibration durability, EMC and RFI compatibility.
- Endure a vacuum moulding process to ensure a blister-free encapsulation, preventing any potential electrical short-circuits.
“NGK Ignition Coils are the perfect connection for NGK Spark Plugs, giving Australian vehicles a premium and complete ignition package that just makes sense,” Larry said.
For more information, visit www.ngk.com.au